Alpinestars Stella Tech-Air 3 Lightweight Airbag Vest
Women's - Black / # 4498-0055-xx
If you're a city commuter or street rider looking for an added layer of protection, look no further than the Tech-Air 3 System from Alpinestars. It's the lightest autonomous airbag system offered by Alpinestars and it can be worn under or over your jacket, so you can ride comfortably. The cutting edge Tech-Air System uses the Tech-Air 5 Street crash detection algorithm that leverages AI to accurately monitor when to deploy the airbag in the event of a crash. The Tech-Air 3 incorporates six integrated sensors to provide the best crash monitoring performance and active airbag protection in a variety of dynamic street riding scenarios, even when stopped.
The Tech-Air 3 System accurately assesses when to deploy the airbag ahead of an impact or other dangerous situation like a lowside or a highside crash. The system with activate the protective airbag in milliseconds depending on the size of the airbag. Once inflated, the airbag provides full upper body protection, keeping you safe by uniquely covering your full chest and back. The Tech-Air 3 features an integrated back protector pocket so you can insert a back protector (sold separately) for an additional layer of safety. An LED display on the front chest indicates the airbag's operational status and incorporates a haptic alert which vibrates to confirm the system is armed and alerts you when the battery is running low. Bluetooth connectivity to a Tech-Air App allows you to monitor the Tech-Air 3's operational status, battery status and detailed map of your ride.
- Fully autonomous active airbag system
- Chassis is constructed with a water resistant treatment for effective all-weather performance
- Incorporates 6 integrated sensors (3 accelerometers, 3 gyroscopes or 1 triaxial gyroscope and 1 triaxial accelerometer) to provide the best crash monitoring performance in a variety of dynamic riding situations
- Activates automatically via the magnetic zip closure
- ECU and electronics are located in a waterproof housing for proven wet weather performance
- Equipped with a diagonal zipper to provide complete front chest coverage while also concealing the inner airbag.
- LED display on the front chest continuously indicates the airbag’s operational status
- Internal magnetic button facilitates easy positioning of the airbag across the chest when riding
- Strategically positioned stretch panels on both sides of the abdomen to accommodate the expansion of the airbag in the event of a crash
- Perforated back zone for improved breathability, with internal air channels for enhanced airflow
- Integrated back protector pocket (back protector sold separately)
- Incorporates Alpinestars’ Pro 2nd Generation compact Electronic Control Unit (ECU) embedded in the upper back of the vest
- Uses the Tech-Air 5 street algorithm which provides active protection in street riding scenarios and a variety of riding conditions, even when stopped
- Upgradable system firmware, accessible via the Tech-Air App
- Bluetooth low energy (BLE 5.0) connectivity with the Tech-Air App shows the system’s status, the battery status and riding data
- Integrated, certified lithium ion battery, with a battery life of 40 hours and a recharge time of approximately 4 hours
- LED display incorporates a haptic alert, which vibrates to confirm the system is armed and alerts the rider when the battery is running low
- Argon gas canister that provides the inflation gas for the airbag’s deployment is housed in an ergonomic case on the right side of the lower back of the rider
- Canister housing, electronic wiring and airbag are easily removable
- Packable design for easy storage when not in use
Note: Alpinestars warns that any Tech-Air 3 System smaller than size SM must not be worn under your jacket and should only be worn OVER your jacket.
See Product Images for Sizing Guidelines
|Size||Chest (in)||Bust (in)||Waist (in)||Hip (in)||Outer Arm (in)||Height (in)|