Based on the Ultra-Strong UK made Torc Anchor, this version is designed to be mounted on porous surfaces like cinder block. A large 4mm thick steel plate, measuring 11-3/8" x 8-5/8" / 290mm x 220mm (zinc phosphated and powder coated), expands the total surface with a total of 8 expansion bolts.
Torc Block-Work Anchor features a 20mm (0.79") hardened full D shackle, held in place by a 12mm (1/2") thick steel plate bolted through the expansion plate with 4 anchor bolts . What makes the Torc Anchor so strong is the massive full D ring which will have to be cut twice in order to be defeated. With a zinc phosphate finish followed by a tough powder coating, this anchor has one of the best corrosion protections. All this extreme attention to detail and quality makes this anchor more expensive but you get what you pay for.
Torc Anchor cannot be cut with a bolt-cutter no matter what size. If cut with a grinder or torch, 2 cuts need to be made before it is defeated and pulling this anchor out of the concrete floor is impossible.
The block-work kit contains the following:
- Extended mounting plate, 4mm thick steel, measuring 290mm x 220mm (zinc phosphated and powder coated)
- Total of 8 expansion bolts
- Hardened steel ball bearings to suit bolts (qty. 8)
- 6mm hex wrench (Allen key)
- M8 x 50mm hex head bolt (to help with hammering the ball bearings into the bolt heads)
- Comprehensive instructions
For our standard Torc anchor, to mount in existing concrete or brick walls, click here ...