Shipping Cost & and our way of doing things
We added Free shipping within the US (meaning we pay for it) to products wherever we can afford it.
Often, when your order is being packed, we find weight calculated and dimensional shipping cost can be reduced by removing unnecessary packaging or stacking/combining certain items.
When and if this is the case, part of your paid shipping cost will be refunded. If we can save you money, we will. Another way we do things different at Lockitt.com.
International Shipping (outside USA)
We ship worldwide as well as APO / FPO.
However, to many countries we will not accept orders shipped with inexpensive standard mail (USPS First Class International). This shipping method is too slow and too risky for lost or stolen items. Choose USPS Priority or Express mail or UPS shipping method. When the order is received, we will always try to save you as much money as possible. If we can find a cheaper and better shipping method, we will adjust the order for you.
Alternatively, we have partnered with
MyUS.com for convenient international shipments to more than 225 countries.
With MyUS.com you will be assigned a U.S.-based address where your package will be processed for shipping straight to your home (no PO boxes). Multiple shipments from multiple vendors and websites can be consolidated at the MyUS warehouse so you can save on combined shipping cost.
Since we ship your order to a US address, you will also benefit from "Free USA Only" shipping on many of our products.
How it works
When you have your own MyUS address, it will help expedite shipping if you add the new address as a valid shipping address to your credit card or Paypal account. Simply
contact your bank, card provider or Paypal and add the address to your account.
- Choose your
MyUS.com subscription, create your account and receive your own US address.
- Use your US address provided by MyUS.com when placing your order with us.
- Once we ship your order, MyUS.com will manage the mail forwarding process to you.
Order Processing & more shipping stuff
Higher value orders are always shipped with signature required.
Orders are processed Mon-Fri during normal business hours.
Most orders received before 3pm EST are processed and shipped same day (providing the item is in stock). Although we attempt to stock every item you see on our website, occasionally we may have a few days delay or have items drop-shipped direct from the supplier. If shipping time is critical, check with us first or send us an email after placing your order.
At checkout you will be offered several shipping options to choose from. For Canada, keep in mind that UPS charges broker fees on Standard service. First Class Mail International is just slow letter mail. There is NO TRACKING available on this service and it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to arrive .... if it arrives.
Important: we have no control over import related fee's (taxes, duty, brokerage) in your country.
We accept major credit cards, Paypal, Amazon checkout or you can mail us a check or money order (US only).
Credit cards, on international orders, are only accepted if we can verify ownership and/or issuing bank details. We may contact you for further documentation. International wire transfer, into our US or European bank account, may be required for non-verifiable orders.
Unless you order custom made products (i.e. replacement keys or specially keyed locks), credit card charges are only completed when your order is ready to ship. We NEVER keep sensitive credit card information on file.
Please make sure to enter your correct shipping address. UPS charges us $15.00 for address corrections. Unless we made the error, this charge will be passed on to you. If at your home
location you have a higher risk of package theft, a great solution is to open a "UPS My Choice" account.
Returns and Refunds
We believe in the quality of our products and complete customer satisfaction.
All sales, except those marked as 'Final' are covered under our 365-day return policy. We are only satisfied if you are.
However, these are the rules we go by:
- Refunds only on new and unused product in the original packaging, complete with all tags.
- No refunds on sale and discontinued items (Store Credit only).
- A minimal 7%** restocking fee will be applied, on non warranty returns, unless the error is clearly ours. NO Restocking fee if product is exchanged (similar value). However, if we originally paid for shipping, we reserve the right to deduct our shipping cost from your refund.
- No product will be accepted for refund or store credit if in any way used, damaged or showing signs of handling. All returned products have to be complete and, whenever possible, in it's new original packaging.
- Return shipping cost is the customer's responsibility and is not refundable (you would not expect a store to reimburse your driving cost either).
If we made an error and shipped out the wrong item, we will issue a UPS call tag or send you a pre-paid label or return envelope. Defective materials are not considered an error on our part. We handle and inspect every product manually before it leaves our premises.
- Refused shipments will be refunded, less above stated restocking fees and all associated return shipping cost, "after" the shipment has been delivered back to us.
- It is best to previously
contact us, by email, before returning a product. Pack the product well and ship it back to us by traceable means. Please make sure to add a copy of your order so we can find you in our database.
- For obvious hygiene reasons, items like balaclava's, face masks and other thermal clothing cannot be returned.
- In some cases it may be easier and faster to contact the importer or manufacturer. We will be happy to assist with contact information if needed.
Q - Why do you charge a restocking fee?
A - This is to cover our credit card charges (we are also charged credit card fees on refunds) and handling if a product is returned to us without exchange.
why yes ... we reserve the right to change our refund and returns policy at any time without prior notice