GRANIT 37RK/70 Series is the highest security level in the ABUS range of Padlocks.
With lock body sizes ranging from 2.48" - 63mm up to 3.11" - 79mm wide. Pull strength, on the smaller locks, starts at 15,000 lbs with the 37/55 model and goes to a whopping 25,000 lbs with the 37/80. Lock bodies and shackles are made from special alloy core hardened steel and all ABUS Granit locks use the ABUS Plus key system. All Granit padlocks can be keyed to any other ABUS lock which uses the same Plus key system
ABUS Granit 37/70 Features
- Hardened solid steel lock body
- 14mm hardened steel shackle
- 7 plate ABUS Plus key system with 250.000 differs
- Double ball locking
- Key retaining (key cannot be removed until locked)
- Anti drill protection
- Lifetime warranty on manufacturers defects
- Made in Germany
Shackle Diameter: 14mm - 0.55"
Horizontal Clearance: 29mm - 1.42"
Vertical Clearance: 35mm - 1.38"
Body width: 77mm - 3"
Drill Protection : Yes
Key Retaining : Yes
Number of discs: 7
Cylinder material: Brass
Lock body material: Solid Hardened Steel
Shackle Material: 65 Rockwell Hardened Steel
- No options: You receive a factory keyed lock or locks with unique key number. Each lock with 2 Plus keys and a code card
- Keyed Alike: Add this option ($5.00) to receive multiple locks keyed the same. You receive factory keyed alike locks from a stocked* keyed alike series, each lock with 2 keys and a code card.
- Keyed Specific: Add this option if you want your lock or multiple locks keyed to a specific ABUS Plus key you already own or if you want your locks not from a stocked keyed alike series. Number of keys supplied will vary. Enter your key code or comments in the Keying Notes field
*A security note on Stocked Keyed Alike locks.
Most lock brands today are stocking locks in keyed alike series. This allows vendors to quickly ship multiple locks keyed the same as fast as regular off the shelf keyed different locks.
However, there is a caveat. While it satisfies today's consumer fast shipping demands, it also means there are a certain number of locks in circulation all with the same key. While this is a non-issue, if the stocked KA series is limited and often changed to a different key number, the reality out there is that most brands keep restocking the same key number(s) for many years. Pretty much all locks purchased through sites like Ebay, Amazon or Walmart, including our own inventory available on those sites, are stocked key numbers and therefore never highest security.
It is therefore advisable, if you want higher security, to have a lock specialist like Lockitt set up your locks to a unique key number only assigned to you.
Send us a quick message if you have any questions or need help setting up a keyed specific series of locks.
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.