ABUS GRANIT 37RK80 Series is the highest security level in the ABUS range of Padlocks.
A massive German made padlock, well suited to be matched with the ABUS 14mm high security chain. 37/80 padlocks are completely re-keyable and serviceable so you will have this lock for life.
If you already own any ABUS lock with PLUS keyway, Lockitt can set your 37/80 padlock to match your existing keys. See Key Options Tab.
ABUS Granit 37/80 Features
- Solid hardened solid steel lock body
- 14mm hardened steel shackle
- 7 plate ABUS Plus key system with 250.000 differs
- Double ball locking
- Key retaining (key cannot be removed until locked)
- Total drill and pull protection with cylinder inserted from the top
- Lifetime warranty on manufacturers defects
- Made in Germany
Reminder on size: This lock is massive. It will not fit storage unit hasps or similar applications. Check and measure the hasp or location you want to use a lock before purchasing.
For help understanding key options, or read about keyed alike security risk, see the Key Options tab.
Ordering Options - Keyed alike service
- Keyed Different: Select this option if only one lock is needed. If multiple Keyed Different locks are ordered, each lock will be Keyed Different. Each lock will include its own set of 2 keys and code card.
- Keyed Alike: Select this option if you need multiple locks all keyed the same. Every key in a Keyed Alike order will be identical and each lock will include a set of 2 keys. When ordering Keyed Alike locks, please keep in mind certain security risks. See Security Risks below.
- Keyed Specific: Select this option if you need one or more locks keyed to a specific ABUS Plus1 key you already have. Enter the 6 or 7 digit key code found on your PLUS code card in the Notes field.
ABUS 37RK/80 is rekeyable. This means a keyed specific lock can be assembled with the requested key code in-house at Lockitt. Allow approximately 2 weeks from order to delivery.
There are two kinds of security risks involved with keyed alike series of locks.
1 - Always keep in mind that one compromised key, in the hands of an unauthorized person, compromises all your locks instead of just the one.
2 - While off-the-shelf Keyed Alike locks are a fast and convenient way to purchase several locks keyed the same, anyone buying from that same batch essentially has your key. This is how market places like Amazon, eBay or most other vendors sell keyed alike locks. To minimize risk, Lockitt stocks several keyed alike series and we randomly pick from available keyed alike inventory. Consider ordering keyed alike locks keyed to a more secure random key code. Read about How To Order .. below.
How to order a set of locks keyed to a random and more secure key code.
If you do not already have a PLUS key code, from a lock you own, and do not want off the shelf keyed alike locks, there is an easy way to accomplish this.
Step1 - Pick a lock Keyed Different and add to cart. Continue shopping.
Step2 - Pick Keyed Specific, the number of locks you want, add an instruction in the Notes field and add to cart.
We will set aside a randomly keyed different (parent) lock and assemble one or more additional (child) locks, keyed to it's parent.
IMPORTANT! In-house assembled KA locks, keyed to a KD parent, do not come with additional keys. The entire set of locks ship with the original parent 2 keys. Let us know if additional Plus keys are required.
1 This lock is fitted with the ABUS PLUS cylinder. It cannot be keyed alike to X-PLus products.
Model ABUS 37RK/80
37/80 or 37RK/80 is the same lock.
All ABUS 37/80 series locks are RK which stands for rekeyable.
Shackle Diameter: 14mm - 0.55 inch
Horizontal Clearance: 22mm - 0.87 inch
Vertical Clearance: 22mm - 0.87 inch
Body width: 79mm - 3.11 inch
Cylinder type: Disc Detainer ABUS Plus
Number of discs: 7
Number of keys: 2
Drill Protection: Yes
Key Retaining: Yes
Lock body: Solid hardened steel
Lock Shackle: Hardened steel