SDC Dual Load Equalizer for LED Turn Signals
This Dual Load Equalizer Module is designed to correct the issue of turn signals flashing too quickly or not at all. It does this by adding back the load to your mechanical flasher relay that was removed by converting stock incandescent turn signals to LED’s. LED's don't have as much resistance as regular incandescent bulbs and this is caused by a much lower power draw. Resistance is what causes the turn signal to work correctly. Too little a load, and the blinker won't function fast enough...too much load and it will blink too quickly. What the dual load equalizer does is place an artificial load on the circuit so the original blinker will work correctly and at the right speed.
- Universal application for most makes and models of motorcycles
- Equalizer will stabilize 1 pair of turn signals
- Compatible with alarms on most motorcycles equipped with alarm systems
- Potted with a heat resistant epoxy in an aluminum case
- Waterproof potting prevents water damage to electrical components
- Simple 2 wire tap-in installation (2 tap splice connectors included!)
See the Specifications tab for more information
Mounting and Installation
To install, simply tap the brown wire onto your right turn signal output wire and tap the violet wire onto your left turn signal output wire. Connect the black wire to a ground source and mount the Dual Load Equalizer. It is recommended that the module be mounted in a location not subject to extreme heat conditions. We highly recommend mounting on a flat area of your frame away from any plastic, wiring, or exposed cloth. Secure with the included double sided adhesive pad.
Weight: 5 oz
Correction Limit: 2 Turn Signals
Attachment Method: Included Double Sided Adhesive Pad
Height (in): 5/8"
Length (in): 2 1/4"
Width (in): 1 5/8"
Wire Length: 5"-6"
Material: Anodized Aluminum Case with Heat and Water Resistant Potting
Wire: 16AWG - 20AWG
Water Resistant: Yes
Heat and Vibration Resistant: Yes
What's in the box
(1) Dual Load Equalizer Module, (1) Adhesive Mounting Pad, (3) Tap Connectors
Tools Required: Wire Cutters, crimp connectors; optional test light, soldering iron