ABUS 20/80 with Plus key system
This round disc padlock is the largest of the ABUS Diskus lock series.
The 80 refers to the 80mm (3-1/8") lock body outside diameter. It will generally be too large to be used on storage units and lockers. The Diskus 20/70 is better suited for those applications although you may want to check hasp opening to clear a 10mm shackle. ABUS 24IB60 has a smaller diameter (8mm) shackle.
All 20 Series locks are available keyed different, keyed alike and master keyed.
Choose from the Key Option list if you want to purchase multiple quantities
- Stainless Steel diskus lock with Stainless Steel shackle
- Deep laser-welded seams for high tensile strength
- Available keyed alike, keyed different or master keyed
- Lifetime warranty on manufacturers defects
- Made in Germany
For help understanding key options, see the Key Options tab.
Ordering Options - Keyed alike service
- Keyed Different: Select this option if only one lock is needed. If multiple Keyed Different locks are ordered, each lock will be Keyed Different. Each lock will include its own set of 2 keys and code card.
- Keyed Alike: Select this option if you need multiple locks all keyed the same. Every key in a Keyed Alike order will be identical and each lock will include a set of 2 keys. When ordering Keyed Alike locks, please keep in mind certain security risks. See Security Risks below.
- Keyed Specific: Select this option if you need one or more locks keyed to a specific ABUS Plus1 key you already have. Enter the 6 digit key code found on your PLUS code card in the Notes field.
ABUS 20/80 locks are not rekeyable. This means a keyed specific lock will be assembled with the requested key code at the factory in Germany. This process can take 4 to 8 weeks from order to delivery.
There are two kinds of security risks involved with keyed alike series of locks.
1 - Always keep in mind that one compromised key, in the hands of an unauthorized person, compromises all your locks instead of just the one.
2 - While off-the-shelf Keyed Alike locks are a fast and convenient way to purchase several locks keyed the same, anyone buying from that same batch essentially has your key. To minimize risk, we stock several keyed alike series and will randomly pick from available keyed alike inventory. Consider ordering keyed alike locks keyed to a random key code. Read about How To Order .. below.
How to order a set of locks keyed to a random and more secure key code.
If you do not already have a PLUS key code, from a lock you own, and do not want off the shelf keyed alike locks, there is an easy way to accomplish this.
Step1 - Pick a lock Keyed Different and add to cart. Continue shopping.
Step2 - Pick Keyed Specific, the number of locks you want, add an instruction in the Notes field and add to cart.
We will set aside a randomly keyed different lock and have the additional locks spec assembled at he factory.
1 This lock is fitted with the ABUS PLUS cylinder. It cannot be keyed alike to X-PLus products.
Shackle Diameter 11mm - 7/16"
Horizontal Clearance 25mm - 1"
Vertical Clearance 18mm - 11/16"
Body width 80mm - 3-1/8"
Lock weight 453gram - 1lb
Lock Body: Stainless Steel
Shackle: Stainless Steel
Cylinder Type: Disc Detainer (6)
Number of Keys: 2
Security Code Card: Yes