ABUS Pro Shield PLUS 5950 NR Bicycle Frame lock with ABUS PLUS Key System
Lock is non key retaining (key can be removed when lock is open) and is designed to mount on existing frame lock mounting points on the seat stay. If no mounting points are available, you can install the LH Mounting Straps (not included) on the seat stay. LH clamps installed provide mounting points for all standard frame locks.
Permanently installed frame locks are very popular with bicyclists in Europe and we are playing catch-up. Frame locks provide an elegant and practical solution. The lock is always on the bike, ready to use. Simply push down the handle until it locks into place and you are done. The bike cannot be ridden en the wheel cannot be removed. A very nice feature on this 5950 Pro Shield lock is the lock can't be closed by someone when the key is not in the lock.
Many bicycle frames are standard equipped with mounting bolts, on the rear triangle (seat stays), to accept a frame lock. Add the LH Mounting Straps SKU BLAB56240 if you do not have factory mounting bolts or threads.
When installing a frame lock, the recommend place is on the inside of the rear triangle.
This lock can be ordered in the following ways:
- Standard keyed different. If you only need one lock or multiple locks each with its own key set (2 keys per lock)
- Special factory ordered keyed to any ABUS PLUS keyed E-Bike battery lock, U lock, Chain or Padlock you already have or want to purchase.
Important on factory orders:
- Specially factory keyed lock orders take on average 4 to 6 weeks
- ABUS PLUS keyed locks can't be keyed to X-PLUS keyed locks
- Pick the Special Order option above and enter the PLUS key code found on your code card.