Scorpion EXO-R420 Helmet - Gloss Black
SNELL Approved (Sizes 3X/4X DOT Only)
The EXO-R420 helmet continues to set a standard for Scorpion EXO®’s full face street helmets at a very competitive price point. An all new advanced LG® polycarbonate shell is more aerodynamic and smaller resulting in an ultra lightweight SNELL-approved helmet. The aero tuned ventilation system uses a large top vent and mouth vents engineered to allow more airflow to the riders head while maintaining low noise levels. The EXO-R420 now features our new Elliptec™ II faceshield with a latching shield locking mechanism located in the lower center of the shield. This makes the faceshield more secure and provides a tighter seal against the gasket. The faceshield can easily be removed without tools, and the EverClear® No-Fog coating helps keep your vision clear in cold and damp environmental conditions. The KwikWick® II comfort liner is moisture wicking, anti-microbial, quick drying and can be easily removed and is machine washable.
- Advanced LG® Polycarbonate shell specifically engineered to maximize impact dispersal
- Aero-tuned shell sculpture results in reduced aerodynamic drag and improved balance to minimize fatigue
- Advanced multi-layer EPS provides superior energy absorption and channels for increased airflow
- Aero-Tuned ventilation features a Ram-Air intake system, 3 port exhaust spoiler system and EPS channels for an optimal flow-thru effect
- EverClear® anti-fog treated face shield. Anti-scratch coated and offers 95% UV-A & UV-B protection
- EllipTec™ II quick-release face shield mechanism with integrated center lock provides a superior shield-to-gasket seal
- Removable / washable KwikWick® II anti-microbial interior keeps you cool, dry and comfortable
- 3D contoured, KwikFit® cheek pads allow easy access for most eye glasses
- EMT-friendly, emergency release cheek pads
- Integrated speaker pockets to accommodate BlueTooth® communication system speakers
- Breath Deflector included for enhanced fog-free performance
- Aero Skirt (Chin Curtain) included to help reduce wind noise
- SNELL / DOT FMVSS No. 218 Certified
- 5 Year Warranty
For more info, see the Sizing Info tab
Scorpion EXO-R420 is in the Intermediate Oval head shape class. Keep in mind you can always make adjustments later by swapping out different sized cheek pads, or even the helmet liner, within the same outer-shell size.*
Size | Centimeter | Inches
XS | 53-54 | 20 7/8 - 21 1/4
SM | 55-56 | 21 5/8 - 22
MD | 57-58 | 22 7/16 - 22 3/4
LG | 59-60 | 23 1/8 - 23 5/8
XL | 61-62 | 24 - 24 3/8
2X | 63-64 | 24 3/4 - 25 3/16
3X | 65-66 | 25 9/16 - 26
*Changing cheek-pads or liners recommended only within the same shell size:
XS to Medium
Large to 2XL
Never buy a used helmet or borrow someone else’s helmet. Over time the protective foam in helmets will adjust to the contours of a user’s head. Or it could already have been in a crash. A used or borrowed helmet may not offer as much protection as a new helmet!
Wearing the wrong size helmet can increase your risk of serious injury or death in an accident. A helmet that is too large for your head may be dislodged or knocked off in an accident. To select the right size helmet for your head, follow these instructions:
Measure your head -
- Wrap a tape measure around your head above your eyebrows.
- Use the sizing chart above to select the helmet size that corresponds most closely to your head measurement. If your head size falls between two helmet sizes, try on the larger helmet first and then the smaller size.
- Try on the helmet by grasping both chin straps to pull the helmet completely onto your head, ensuring that the top of your head is in contact with the top of the helmet interior.
To confirm your helmet is the right size, check that -
- The helmet inner lining fits snugly around your head.
- The top pad presses firmly on your head.
- The cheek pads contact your cheeks.
- There is no space around your brow under the inner lining.